Here and Now – The Best of T.O.
Posted September 20th, 2008 under In the media
Here and Now’s urbivore Sarah Elton is seeking the best places in Toronto to find the tastiest beloved treats. Each Wednesday between now and Thanksgiving she’ll be collecting suggestions on Toronto’s best ice cream, pizza, falafel, burgers, and farmers’ markets.
Between September 3 and 10, we asked you where to find the Best of Toronto ice cream. Favourites nominated by your were:
- Greg’s Ice Cream on Bloor west of Spadina
- Ed’s Best Scoop in the Beach
- La Paloma on St. Clair
- Dutch Dreams at St. Clair and Vaughn
- Dairy Cream on Lakeshore at Cawthra in Missauga
Between September 10 and 17, we asked you for the Best of Toronto pizza, specifically the kind made in a wood burning oven. Some of the popular suggestions as to where to it were:
- Vesuvio’s on Dundas Street in the Junction
- Terroni, with multiple locations including Adelaide East and Victoria Street
- Molisana Bakery in Woodbridge
- Peter’s Cajun Creole Pizza on Parliament at Queen
- Marcello’s at Dufferin and St. Clair